Wednesday, June 5, 2013

My mother was one-eyed. It was disgusting to me. I always felt embarrassment. My mother used to cook for the teachers and students to bear the expenses of our family. Once my mother came to see me during school period and I felt so uncomfortable. Why did she come at this moment? I neglected her. I hatefully looked at her and went away. Just after the day a classmate asked me about the eye of my mother. I could say nothing but hide myself. I longed for her disappearance. That day I said to my mother, “If you always make me such a laughing stock, why can’t commit death?” My mother replied nothing. I was so annoyed that I could not even think for a moment what actually I had told. I was unnoticed of her feelings. I needed to leave the house. I studied hard and finally had an opportunity to study abroad. Then there I had married. I purchased a new house. I had babies too. I was leading a happy life with my wife and kids. One day, suddenly my mom arrived to see me. She had missed me for long even she did never see my kids.

When she came in front of the door, my babies laughed at her and I threw my anger upon her for coming unexpected. I told angrily, “why have you come here to fright my kids, JUST GET LOST!!”   She left the place silently. One day, I got a letter. It was about the school reunion. I wanted to go there. But I told my wife that I need to go on a business tour. When the reunion is over, I moved to the old hut out of inquisitiveness. One of my neighbors told that she had died. There was no a single drop of tear in my eyes. They gave me a letter that my mother wanted to hand over to me.
 
The letter read: “My Dear Sweet son, I always think of you. I am extremely sorry that I went your home and frightened your kids. I was really happy coming to know that you were participating the reunion. But I might not be able to even rise from bed to see you. I’m regretful that I was an invariable discomfiture to you from your childhood.
Look, when you were so little, you committed a mishap, and lost one eye. As your mother, I could not believe to see that you would grow up with just one eye. I spent no time to give you mine. Now I feel so proud that my son can see the world for me.
 
My love is always with you. Yours Mom.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment